Roasted Vegetables with Miso Sauce
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 60 mins
We found these earthy roasted vegetables to be the perfect accompaniment to the turkey. They're also good without the miso sauce. Look for miso paste in small tubs in the refrigerated dairy section of your supermarket.
- 2large parsnips, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2large carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2large red beets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 24-- Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2large yellow bell peppers, halved, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3cup olive oil, divided
- 2tablespoons miso paste
- 2tablespoons mirin (sweet sake)
- 2tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1piece fresh ginger (1 ounce), peeled and finely grated
- 1-- green onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1teaspoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Scatter parsnips, carrots, beets, Brussels sprouts and bell pepper on 2 baking sheets. (Do not crowd.) Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and roast, tossing occasionally, until golden and tender, about 1 hour.
- In the jar of a blender, combine miso, mirin, vinegar and remaining oil. Pulse until smooth. Stir in ginger.
- Transfer roasted vegetables to a large platter and drizzle with miso dressing. Toss lightly. Garnish with green onion and sesame seeds and serve hot or at room temperature.
Recipe by Corinne Trang.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 180
- Glycemic Load 5
- Fat 10g
- Saturated Fat 1.5g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
- Monounsaturated Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 380mg
- Potassium 620mg
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugars 8g
- Protein 4g
- Trans Fat 0g
- Vitamin A 70%
- Vitamin C 240%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 10%