- 2 1/2cups yellow squash, cut in 1 1/2-inch thick chunks (about 2 medium)
- 1-- red onion, cut in chunks
- 2cups 1-inch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1-- (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/3cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- -- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4cups mixed salad greens
- -- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Preheat oven 450F. Coat baking sheet with foil.
Toss squash, onion, asparagus, artichokes, and pecans in olive oil and salt to taste. Spread mixture in single layer on prepared pan.
Roast 15 minutes, stir, and continue roasting another 15 minutes or until lightly golden and browned. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, stirring gently.
Serve vegetables over mixed greens. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tip: Versatile and fantastic-serve as salad, over pasta, or as a side. Roasting simplifies cooking — toss in the oven and forget about it.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 129
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 130mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 4g