Roasted Vegetables with Pecans over Mixed Greens
- Yield: 6 servings
- 2 1/2cups yellow squash, cut in 1 1/2-inch thick chunks (about 2 medium)
- 1-- red onion, cut in chunks
- 2cups 1-inch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 1-- (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 1/3cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- -- Salt to taste
- 2 to 3teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4cups mixed salad greens
- -- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat oven 450F. Coat baking sheet with foil.
- Toss squash, onion, asparagus, artichokes, and pecans in olive oil and salt to taste. Spread mixture in single layer on prepared pan.
- Roast 15 minutes, stir, and continue roasting another 15 minutes or until lightly golden and browned. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar, stirring gently.
- Serve vegetables over mixed greens. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Tip: Versatile and fantastic-serve as salad, over pasta, or as a side. Roasting simplifies cooking — toss in the oven and forget about it.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 129
- Fat 9g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 130mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 5g
- Protein 4g