Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 20 brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4cup cup melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1teaspoon smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 3/4cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove
- 2tablespoons tahini
- 3tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4cup snipped fresh chives
- 1/4cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 1/2cups baby spinach roasted
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss squash and brussels sprouts with 2 tablespoons oil; season with salt and the paprika. Roast vegetables, tossing halfway through, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring 3/4 cup water, the quinoa, and a pinch of salt to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until liquid has been absorbed and quinoa is tender but still chewy, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; fluff with a fork. Pulse garlic, tahini, vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 2 tablespoons water, the chives, parsley, and cilantro in a food processor until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. (Vegetables and sauce can be refrigerated, in separate airtight containers, up to 3 days.)
- In a bowl, toss roasted vegetables with quinoa and 2 tablespoons sauce. Toss each serving with spinach, and season with salt and pepper.
Reprinted from the book CLEAN SLATE by the Editors of Martha Stewart Living. Copyright ©2014 by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia. Photographs copyright ©2014 by Marcus Nilsson. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, a division of Random House LLC, a Penguin Random House Company.