Rosemary and Parmesan Risotto Cakes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon plus 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 2-- garlic cloves, minced
- 1sprig fresh rosemary
- 1cup arborio rice
- 2cups vegetable broth or water, warmed
- 1cup (4-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 6leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 to 3/4cup plain dry breadcrumbs
- 2cups marinara sauce, warmed
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and rosemary sprig. Saute 5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Add dry rice and continue to saute over medium heat until coated with oil. Add broth gradually, 1/2 cup at a time, and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, to absorb liquid. Continue until all the liquid has been used and rice is tender. This will take about 15 minutes. Transfer rice mixture to a bowl and let cool. Remove rosemary sprig.
- Add cheeses, chives, basil and breadcrumbs to rice mixture. Add enough breadcrumbs so that mixture can be shaped. Portion rice mixture to form 8 equally sized round cakes, shaping them evenly around edges. Flatten slightly to form a patty.
- Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add risotto cakes and cook on each side about 60 seconds or until golden brown; this may have to be done in batches. Drain on paper towels. Serve with marinara sauce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 369
- Fat 14g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 16mg
- Sodium 517mg
- Carbohydrate 47g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 12g
- Protein 14g