Rosemary Roasted Lamb with Apricot-Citrus Sauce
- Yield: 12 servings
- 5pounds lamb roast, 1/8-inch thick
- 1/4cup matzoh meal, optional
- 2tablespoons chopped, fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary divided
- 1-- garlic clove, chopped
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1-- (15-ounce) can apricots in juice, drained, juice reserved
- 1-- (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges in juice, drained, juice reserved
- Heat the oven to 325F. Place lamb in a roasting pan. Combine matzoh meal, 1 tablespoon rosemary, garlic, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Rub matzoh-herb mixture over lamb, then drizzle with olive oil. Roast lamb for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine juices; pour over lamb then roast for an additional 1 1/2 hours, until tender. To check for doneness, insert a meat thermometer in the thickest part of the muscle, being careful not to let the thermometer rest against a bone; roast until lamb reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Remove lamb from the roasting pan. Skim off and discard fat drippings from pan. Add apricots, Mandarin oranges, and remaining 1 tablespoon rosemary and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; heat through.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 310
- Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Carbohydrate 7g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 39g