Ruby Red Beet and Walnut Salad with Gorgonzola
- Yield: 2 servings
It's worth getting walnut oil and raspberry vinegar for this recipe, but olive oil and balsamic vinegar can be substituted.
- 2medium beets, washed well and peeled, grated with a hand grater
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or walnut oil
- 2tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- -- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- 2cups arugula or field greens
- 1/4cup crumbled gogonzola or blue cheese
- 1/4cup walnuts or pecans, lightly toasted*
- In a nonreactive mixing bowl, combine grated beets, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place a small bed of arugula or field greens on 2 plates. Top with beets, sprinkle with cheese and walnuts; serve. Makes 2 servings.
*To toast nuts: Place on a baking dish in a preheated 375Foven for about 10 minutes until aromatic and lightly browned …
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 313
- Fat 27g
- Saturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 263mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 6g
- Protein 9g