Rustic Grain-Free Paleo Bread
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Prep: 15 min
- Cook: 30 min
- 2cups almond meal or flour
- 1/4cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 2tablespoons melted, unsalted grass-fed butter
- 1tablespoon raw honey
- 1tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix the flours and butter together in a large bowl until fully combined and then mix in the water.
- Beat eggs until fluffy.
- Mix eggs and honey with the flour mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes then stir again (you might need to add more water). Dough should a little bit sticky but not too wet.
- Wait another 5 minutes.
- Split the dough into 2 pieces and knead each one into a ball. To keep from sticking, you can use almond meal or flour on your hands and on the dough.
- Place the dough onto a lined cookie sheet or a pre-heated baking stone.
- Cut the tops with a knife and bake for approx. 30 minutes (you might need more or less depending upon your oven).
- Loaves should be very brown but not burnt.
- Allow to cool, slice and serve.
Kim from They Smell is a 40-something mother of two who is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. She is an advocate for real food and strives to educate others about the effects of chemicals in our food and household products. Kim also enjoys staying active with her family and isn’t afraid to get a little sweaty. She navigates life one odor at a time!