Sage & Pumpkin Seed Encrusted Gardein
- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 20 min
- Cook: 40 min
- 5tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1large shallot
- 4sprigs thyme
- 1/4cup dried cranberries
- 1cup cabernet
- 1cup faux chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1tablespoon arrowroot
- 2tablespoons water
- 3tablespoons Earth Balance butter
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 3packages Gardein chick'n scaloppini or chick'n fillets
- 1tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1cup unbleached white flour
- 2cups unsweetened soy milk
- Begin by making a cranberry cabernet sauce:
- Heat 3 Tbsp oil in a sauté pan. Add the shallots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add thyme and cranberries and sauté for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cabernet and scrape the bottom of the pan, then reduce the liquid by half.
- Add the stock, then reduce by half.
- Mix the arrowroot with the water and add to the pan. Stir well and continue to cook for 2 minutes. Turn heat off and whisk in the vegan butter, 1 Tbsp at a time. Remove thyme stems
For the sage and pumpkin seed encrusted Gardein:
- In a food processor, process the sage, seeds, paprika, breadcrumbs, yeast, salt, and pepper until well incorporated.
- Dredged thawed out frozen scallopini or chick’n fillets into flour, then dip into the soy milk and place into the panco bread crumbs.
- Saute on each side until browned and crisp.
Recipe courtesy of Gardein.