Salmon and Scallop Skewers with Romesco Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8ounces salmon fillet, cut into 8 equal chunks
- 8-- sea scallops
- 1-- red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/4cup cherry tomatoes, roasted
- 1tablespoon coarsely chopped almonds (8 or 9 whole almonds)
- 2cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/8teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8-- 8-inch wooden skewers, soaked in cool water for at least one hour
- 1-- red onion, cut into 1 ¼-inch chunks
- 1-- red bell pepper, cut into 1 ¼-inch chunks
- 1-- poblano chili, cut into 1 ¼-inch chunks
- Preheat the oven to 400 or preheat grill.
- For salmon and scallops: In a baking dish, combine oil, salt and pepper, and lime juice. Add the salmon and scallops to the dish and stir with a wooden spoon to coat all the pieces. Cover and refrigerate.
- For sauce: In a blender, combine the roasted pepper, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, vinegar and olive oil, blending until smooth. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- For skewers: Remove the salmon and scallops from the marinade and discard the liquid. Pat dry each scallop and chunk of fish with paper towels. Thread each skewer with 2 onion chunks, 1 salmon chunk, bell pepper and poblano chunks, and 1 scallop.
- To bake or broil: Set the skewers on a baking sheet and place on the top rack of your oven. Bake or broil for 4 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet in the oven and give each skewer a half turn. Bake or broil for another 4 minutes, or until the salmon is firm to the touch and the scallops have begun to brown on the edges. To grill: Cook to the side of the grill (not directly over a flame) for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn. Turn the skewers gently so that the fish doesn’t break and fall into the fire. When the salmon feels firm to the touch and the scallops show light grill marks, remove from the grill.
- To serve: Arrange two skewers on each plate and spoon the sauce over them, or pile the skewers on a serving platter and serve the sauce in a bowl. Serves 4
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 397
- Fat 26g
- Cholesterol 59mg
- Sodium 277 mg
- Carbohydrate 12g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 28g