Salmon BLTs with Lemon-Dill Mayonnaise
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 1/3cup light mayonnaise
- 2teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 4pieces salmon fillet with skin on, 1 inch thick (6 ounces each)
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 center slices (½ inch thick) country-style bread
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes (6 to 8 ounces each), sliced
- 6slices bacon, cooked until crisp, each broken in half
- Lightly grease grill rack. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
- In small bowl, stir mayonnaise, dill, and lemon peel until mixed; set aside. With tweezers, remove any pin bones from salmon. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook until salmon is opaque throughout, 10 to 12 minutes, without turning over. (When done, instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center of fillets should register 145°F.) Meanwhile, place bread on grill rack with salmon and cook about 1 minute on each side, until lightly toasted. Slide thin metal spatula between salmon flesh and skin. Lift salmon from skin and transfer to plate; discard skin.
- Spread lemon-dill mayonnaise on 1 side of toasted bread slices. Place 1 lettuce leaf, folding to fit, on each of 4 bread slices. Top each with 2 or 3 tomato slices, 1 salmon fillet, 3 pieces bacon, and second bread slice.
Reprinted with permission from The Good Housekeeping Test Kitchen Grilling Cookbook © 2013 by Hearst Books, an imprint of Sterling Publishing Co., Inc.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 570
- Fat 24 g
- Saturated Fat 5 g
- Cholesterol 108 mg
- Sodium 955 mg
- Carbohydrate 41 g
- Protein 44 g