Salmon with Ratatouille Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1pound salmon, cut into 4, 4 oz portions
- -- salt
- -- pepper
- 1/2tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4cup yellow zucchini, cut into 1 in. strips
- 1/4cup green zucchini, cut into 1 in. strips
- 1/4cup Japanese or regular eggplant, cut into 1 in. strips
- 2tablespoons red pepper, julienned
- 2tablespoons roma tomato, julienned
- 1/2tablespoon black olives, halved lengthwise
- 1/2cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/4cup red onions, julienned
- 1/2cup canned tomato puree
- 1/2tablespoon fresh basil, chopped in long strips
- Pre-heat large sauté pan over medium heat; add ½ tablespoon olive oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste, and sear in pan for 1 ½ to 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Heat remaining olive oil in medium sauté pan over medium heat until almost smoking. Add garlic and sauté until it starts to brown.
- Add next eight ingredients (zucchini through onions) and sauté, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to soften. Reduce heat to medium low and add tomato puree and basil. Simmer until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide salmon among four plates; top with zucchini mixture.
* If yellow zucchini is not available, substitute an equal amount of green zucchini.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 97
- Fat 1g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 20 mg
- Sodium 137mg
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 16g