Blistered Corn and Salmon Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
Charring corn and peaches stovetop is a great trick for creating a grilled flavor indoors. Of course, if you have a grill, peaches, corn and salmon are perfect for it! The smoky and earthy combination of cumin and coriander adds depth to this salmon salad’s unique vinaigrette.
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 yellow peaches
- 2bunches cilantro
- 4 scallions
- 4ounces arugula
- 2ounces feta
- 1/2teaspoon coriander
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 4tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 5tablespoons olive oil
- Prep the ingredients: halve and pit the peach, cut into 1/2 in slices. Pick the cilantro leaves from the stems and discard the stems. Thinly slice the scallions.
- Blister the corn: heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in large pan over high heat. Add the corn and cook, rotating every 1-2 minutes, until charred. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Char the peaches: in the same pan, heat another 1 teaspoon olive oil over high heat. Add the peach slices and cook 1-2 minutes per side, until charred. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the salmon: in the same pan, heat another 1 teaspoon olive oil over medium heat. Season the salmon on all sides with salt and pepper. Add to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and opaque in the center. Set the salmon aside, then add the scallions to the same pan and cook, tossing, 1-2 minutes, until soft. Set aside.
- Make the vinaigrette: in a large bowl, whisk together 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon coriander, 1/2 teaspoon cumin, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into large bite-size pieces. Cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- Toss the salmon, arugula, feta, scallions, peaches, and corn into the vinaigrette. Garnish with cilantro leaves.
Recipe from HelloFresh
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 634
- Fat 39 g
- Sodium 290 g
- Carbohydrate 28 g
- Fiber 5 g
- Protein 45 g