Sautéed Brussels Sprouts, Carrots and Apples
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Brussels sprouts and carrots can be easily shredded in a food processor.
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 6-- shallots, thinly sliced
- 10ounces Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded
- 3-- carrots, peeled, trimmed, and shredded
- 1-- apple, unpeeled and finely chopped
- 2tablespoons cider vinegar
- -- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and carrots and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
- Add the apple and cook, stirring for 5 minutes. Add the vinegar and salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Serve at once or cover and refrigerate for a few hours and serve cold.
Reprinted with permission from Barbara Scott-Goodman and Liz Trovato’s Eat Greens: Seasonal Recipes to Enjoy in Abundance (Running Press, May 2011).