Seared Pork with Lemon-Thyme Sauce
- Yield: servings
- -- Olive oil spray
- 4ounces thinly cut pork loin chop
- -- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/4cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2clove garlic, minced
- Heat a skillet over medium- high heat and lightly spray with olive oil.
- Season the loin with cracked pepper. Place in the skillet and sear for 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the broth, lemon juice, thyme, and garlic to the skillet and heat over medium heat. Simmer until sauce reduces slightly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pork to the sauce and cook until no longer pink, 2 to 3 more minutes.
From the Book, THE SKINNY RULES: The Simple, Nonnegotiable Principles for Getting to Thin by Bob Harper with Greg Critser. Copyright © 2012 by Bob Harper. Reprinted by arrangement with Ballantine Books, an imprint of The Random House Publishing Group, a division of Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 253
- Fat 9.5g
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Protein 33.7g