- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2tablespoons peanut oil or sesame oil
- 2-- shallots, minced
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2tablespoons lemon juice
- Steam the asparagus in a vegetable steamer for 3 to 4 minutes or just until tender. Do not overcook. Plunge the asparagus into cold water to stop the cooking; set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a large skillet. Add the shallots. Cook until tender. Add the asparagus. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, drizzling with the soy sauce and sprinkling with the sesame seeds.
- Arrange the asparagus on a serving dish. Drizzle with the lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from The Junior League of Boston, Boston Uncommon, a Culinary Journey Through Boston's Distinctive Neighborhoods (The Junior League of Boston 2007)