Shredded Carrot and Beet Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 0 mins
- 2tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/4teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 1cup carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1cup red beet, peeled and shredded
- 2tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Whisk the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, ginger and salt together until thoroughly combined.
- Put the carrots in a mixing bowl, drizzle with half of the dressing, and toss until evenly coated. Place the carrots on one side of a shallow serving bowl.
- Put the beets in the mixing bowl, drizzle with the remaining dressing, and toss until evenly coated. Place the beets in the serving bowl next to the carrots for a beautiful contrast of red and orange. Top with the chopped mint before serving.
Used with permission from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen: Nourishing, Big-Flavor Recipes for Cancer Treatment and Recovery, by Rebecca Katz