Shrimp and Pasta Salad
- Yield: 10 servings servings
This Shrimp and Pasta Salad is great for an appetizer or as a meal by itself. It is not only tasty, but colorful too.
- 1pound sea shell pasta
- 1small red onion, diced
- 1-- red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1-- ripe tomato, diced
- 1-- (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 1pound peeled shrimp
- 2 to 3cloves garlic, minced
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1cup Italian dressing
- Cook the pasta, rinse, and set aside. Chop the onion, bell pepper, and tomato. Place them in a bowl to chill with the pasta. Drain the olives, and add them to the pasta. Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the shrimp and minced garlic. Season with the salt and pepper. Stir fry until the shrimp turn pink (about 3 to 5 minutes). Do not overcook. Remove them from the hot skillet, and allow them to cool. Stir the cooled shrimp into the pasta mixture. Pour the Italian dressing over all, and mix until well coated. Chill for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen:
Serve this salad over a bed of spinach with warm garlic toast on the side.
Recipe by Hans Gray, Daphne, Ala.