Shrimp and Roasted Red Pepper Quesadillas
- Yield: 16 servings
- 1pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 16-- 9- to 10-inch (23 to 25 cm) gluten-free corn tortillas
- 1cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1cup shredded low-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2-- roasted red bell peppers, peeled, seeded and sliced
- 1-1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat broiler
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C)
- Lightly spray two rimmed baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, toss shrimp with oil until coated. Divide evenly between prepared baking sheets. Broil for about 2 minutes or until pink and opaque. When just cool enough to handle, cut each shrimp in half lengthwise and transfer to another bowl. Set aside.
- Respray baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Evenly top each of 8 tortillas with cilantro, cheese, roasted peppers and shrimp. Sprinkle another 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the cheese over shrimp and dust with cayenne. Gently press another tortilla over each to adhere. Place quesadillas on prepared baking sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes or until tortillas are crisp and cheese has melted.
- Slice each quesadilla in half to make a snack-size serving.
Excerpted from The Complete IBS Health & Diet Guide by Dr. Maitreyi Raman, Angela Sirounis, Jennifer Shrubsole © 2011 Robert Rose Inc. www.robertrose.ca. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 119
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Cholesterol 41 mg
- Sodium 68 mg
- Carbohydrate 14 g
- Fiber 2 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Vitamin A 7 RAE
- Vitamin C 20 mg
- Calcium 92 mg
- Iron 1 mg