Simply Spinach and Pasta
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
You can substitue two (10-ounce) package frozen spinach and defrost the spinach before cooking (drain any water), but this is one time fresh spinach is noticeably better.
- 2tablespoons minced garlic
- 2cups chopped onion
- 1pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1cup coarsely chopped Roma (plum) tomatoes
- 1large bunch fresh spinach (16 ounces)
- -- Salt and pepper
- 1/3cup grated fat-free Parmesan cheese
- 1tablespoon dried oregano
- 1-- (16-ounce) package ziti pasta
- Heat a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray over medium high heat and cook garlic, onion and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and spinach and continue cooking just until the spinach wilts and the tomatoes are heated, about 5 minutes. Add Parmesan, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and toss with spinach mixture.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 276
- Fat 1.7g
- Saturated Fat .2g
- Cholesterol 0g
- Carbohydrate 54.1g
- Protein 11.7g