Slow Cooker Bean & Butternut Squash Chili
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- 1medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1medium onion, diced
- 1-- jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1-2teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1can can black beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1can can white beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz)
- 1can can vegetable or chicken stock (14.5 oz)
- 1can bag frozen corn (16 oz)
- 2tablespoons chili powder
- 1tablespoon cumin
- -- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onion and jalapeño for a few minutes. Add the butternut squash and sauté until slightly tender.
- Pour the sautéed vegetables into the slow cooker. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well mixed. Make sure to season well with salt and pepper. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Recipe courtesy of Krista Dearden. Born and raised in Southern California, Krista started blogging in 2009 to stay in touch with her family. Shortly after giving birth to her fourth son she created her blog, Budget Gourmet Mom where she shares stories of motherhood, budget friendly recipes, and the occasional tip.