Slow Cooker Carnitas Lettuce Wraps with Cherry Peach Salsa
- Yield: 4 servings
Sweet beef carnitas with a summery fruit salsa stuffed into romaine lettuce wraps.
- 2cups leftover beef carnitas recipe
- 2cups cherries, pitted and chopped
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 4tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- juice of 2 limes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 Romaine lettuce leaves
- Combine cherries, peaches, cilantro, limes, salt and pepper in large bowl. Then fold in carnitas meat and toss to mix.
- Arrange lettuce leaves and scoop enough of the mixture into each one to fill about half the leaf.
- Roll up and eat.
Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas, the author of Running to the Kitchen, a healthy recipe, fitness and photography blog. Inspired by her love for food from a young age, a recent weight loss and revamped outlook on health, her goal is to inspire people to eat well without sacrificing flavor and to make healthy food enjoyable and approachable.