Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- 2pounds boneless, skinless chicken thigh tenders or chicken breast tenders
- 1/4cup all purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4cup soy sauce
- 2tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons ketchup
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1clove garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2cup cashews
- Combine flour and pepper in large Ziploc plastic bag.
- Add chicken and shake to coat with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side then place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, and pepper flakes in small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Add cashews and stir. Then serve over rice.
Recipe adapted from 365 Days of Slow Cooking. Adaptation courtesy of Six Sisters’ Stuff, a blog that six sisters from Utah use to keep in touch. They share ideas like quick and easy recipes, DIY crafts and other fun activities with each other and their readers.