Slow Cooker Chicken Wild Rice Soup
- 2medium carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1small red onion, chopped
- 4ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 2quarts chicken stock
- 1pound boneless chicken breasts
- 2cups 2% milk
- 1/3cup flour
- 2teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1cup wild rice, uncooked
- 1/2cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1cup half and half
- toasted sliced almonds for garnish
- Chop veggies and herbs. Cut chicken into small bite size pieces.
- Put veggies, chicken, rices, herbs, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper in slow cooker.
- Whisk flour and milk together until smooth.
- Pour milk and flour mixture and chicken stock into slow cooker, stirring to combine.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 8-10 hours until rice is tender. Stir mixture about once every two hours.
- Stir cream or half and half in right before serving. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish created by Lisa Hitzeman as a way to share her love of food and cooking with others. She enjoys creating easy, made from scratch recipes that are both healthy and delicious.