Slow Cooker Italian Pork Shoulder
- Yield: 10-12 servings
- 4pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1pint pepper
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2teaspoons dried oregano
- 4cloves garlic, chopped
- 2cups chicken broth
- 1/2cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 1/4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Season pork with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; cook 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Transfer pork to a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker. Add parsley, oregano, garlic, broth, vinegar, peppers and crushed red pepper flakes to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low 6 to 8 hours or until pork is tender. Shred with 2 forks.
Recipe courtesy of eMeals.