Slow Cooker Quinoa Chicken Chili
- Yield: 8-10 servings
- 1cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1can crushed tomatoes (28 oz)
- 1can diced tomatoes with green chilies (14 oz, Rotel recommended)
- 2cans black bean (16 oz each)
- 1can corn, drained (15 oz)
- 2 1/2-3cups chicken stock
- 2large chicken breasts
- 1large bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1teaspoon minced onion
- 1teaspoon garlic
- 1teaspoon cumin
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1teaspoon chili powder (taco seasoning is good too)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place everything in a 6 qt slow cooker and cook for 5-7 hours on low.
- Remove chicken, shred it and return to slow cooker.
- Keep warm until ready to serve. Garnish with cheese or sour cream.
To make this vegetarian leave out the chicken.
Leave out the crushed red pepper if you don’t like just a teeny bit of kick.
Recipe courtesy of Kristy, blogger of Sweet Treats More and a stay at home mom to two boys who loves running and spending time in the kitchen. She makes simple, healthy meals for her growing family but always saves room for a little dessert!