Slow Cooker Vegetarian Lentil and Pumpkin Chili
- Yield: 8 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 4 hours
- 1can black bean, rinsed and drained (15.9 oz)
- 1can pinto beans, rinsed and drained (15.9 oz)
- 1can fire roasted tomatoes with green chiles (15.9 oz)
- 1can pumpkin (15.9 oz)
- 2cups water
- 1cup lentils
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1tablespoon chili powder
- 1tablespoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- Line slow cooker with 1 Reynolds Slow Cooker Liner (optional). Fit the liner snugly against the bottom and sides of the bowl; pull the top of the liner over the sides of the bowl.
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours.
- Carefully remove lid; serve.
Recipe courtesy of Lauren Keating, freelance recipe developer and author of the blog Healthy. Delicious., where she has been sharing her original recipes since 2007. Lauren is a firm believer that just because something is healthy doesn’t mean it can’t be enjoyable. As she says, “if it isn’t delicious, it isn’t worth eating!”