Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
- 6cups peeled sweet potatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 2/3 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2/3cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon jarred jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven 425°F. Line baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- On prepared pan, toss together sweet potatoes, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast about 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp. Cool.
- In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and cilantro.
- In blender, puree lime juice, garlic, jalapeño and remaining 2 tablespoons oil. Toss with mixture.
Recipes courtesy of Eating Well To Fight Arthritis by Holly Clegg.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 2 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Sugars 3 g
- Protein 2 g