Southwestern Sweet Potato Salad
- Yield: 12 servings
- 6cups peeled sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams) chunks (about 2 1/2 pounds)
- -- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2cup chopped red onion
- 2/3cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2/3cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4cup chopped cilantro
- 3tablespoons lime juice
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 1tablespoon jarred jalapeno slices
- Preheat oven 425F. Coat foil lined baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- On prepared pan, toss together sweet potatoes, salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast about 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp. Cool.
- In large bowl, combine sweet potatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, corn, black beans and cilantro.
- In blender, puree lime juice, garlic, jalapeno and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss with potato mixture and serve. Makes about 6 cups.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 4g
- Saturated Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 99mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 4g
- Protein 2g