Spanish Steak Salad with Roasted Red Peppers and Rosemary-Garlic Vinaigrette
- 12ounces sirloin steak
- 2ounces spring mix
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 demi baguette
- 1/4cup goat cheese
- 2cloves garlic
- 1/4ounce rosemary
- 1tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- Prep: Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Strip the rosemary from the stems; discard the stems. Crush the garlic cloves with the flat of your knife. Core, seed and thinly slice the bell pepper.
- Roast the peppers and garlic: Toss the bell peppers on a baking sheet with a drizzle of oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Wrap the garlic and rosemary in tin foil with a large drizzle of oil. Place the foil bundle on the baking sheet with the peppers. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, tossing halfway through cooking, until peppers are slightly charred and garlic is soft.
- Cook the steak: Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Season the steak on all sides with salt and pepper. Add the steak to the pan and cook 2-3 minutes per side, until browned but not yet cooked to desired doneness. Transfer the steak to the baking sheet in the oven to finish cooking for 4-8 minutes, or until cooked to desired doneness.
Hint: The steak may finish cooking before the peppers. Set the steak aside to rest whenever it is cooked to desired doneness.
- Toast the baguette: Cut the baguette into ½-inch slices on a diagonal. Once the peppers, garlic, and steak are done, remove from the baking sheet. Place the baguette slices on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and return to the oven for about 5 minutes, until toasted.
- Make the vinaigrette: Meanwhile, mash the garlic with a fork until smooth. Finely chop the rosemary. In a large bowl, whisk together the roasted garlic, ½ teaspoon rosemary, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, and a large drizzle of oil (to taste). Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the salad: Thinly slice the steak against the grain. Toss the roasted peppers and spring mix with enough vinaigrette to coat. Plate the salad, then top with the sliced steak and goat cheese. Serve the baguette toasts to the side and enjoy!
This recipe originally appeared on HelloFresh as Spanish Steak Salad with Red Pepper and Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette on and is being used with permission.