Spicy Avocado Turkey Burgers
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound ground turkey (or beef)
- 1/4cup red onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, chopped
- 2teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4slices cheddar cheese
- 4slices tomato
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 1/2cup salsa
- 4pieces lettuce
- Light a grill over medium heat. In a medium bowl, combine ground turkey, red onions, jalapeños and Worcestershire sauce. Mix thoroughly. Divide the mixture into four equal portions. Form four patties with hands and place on the lighted grill. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired level of doneness is reached.
- Place a burger onto the bottom half of each bun. Top each with a slice of cheese, a slice of tomato, a quarter of the avocado slices, a quarter of the salsa, a piece of lettuce and the top half of the bun. Serve to hungry burger lovers.
Prep and Cook Time: 20 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Megan Porta, a blogger, recipe developer and photographer with a passion for creating delicious, easy-to-follow recipes and capturing mouth-watering photographs. Find more of her delicious recipes on Pip & Ebby.