Spicy Lime and Cilantro Turkey Fajitas
- Yield: 4 servings
- Turkey Tenderloins:
- 1tablespoon paprika
- 1/2teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1/2teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4teaspoon white pepper
- 1pound turkey tenderloins, butterflied
- 1-- Lime
- Cilantro Sauce:
- 1cup non-fat sour cream
- 1/4cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-- (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1-- plum tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4-- large pita rounds
- 1/2cup shredded lettuce
- To prepare the turkey, in a shallow flat dish, combine paprika, onion salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, fennel, thyme and white pepper. Rub mixture over turkey; cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking. Grill turkey, 4 inches from the heat, 5 to 6 minutes per side, turning halfway through grilling time. Cook until food thermometer registers 165F in thickest part of tenderloin.
- Place on clean serving plate and squeeze lime juice over tenderloins. Slice turkey, crosswise, on the diagonal into 1/4-inch slices.
- To prepare the sauce, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, onions, cilantro, chilies, tomato, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Fill each pita half with turkey and top with cilantro sauce. Add shredded lettuce.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 371
- Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 59mg
- Sodium 841mg
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Protein 36g