Atkins Spicy Pecan Pancakes
A flavorful yet low-carb pancake recipe that the whole family will enjoy!
- olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4cup Atkins Cuisine All-Purpose Baking Mix
- 1tablespoon granular sugar substitute
- 1/2teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2large eggs
- 3/4cup plain unsweetened soy milk
- 2tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4cup chopped toasted pecans
- Combine baking mix, sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In another large bowl, whisk together eggs, soy milk, butter, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture into dry mixture; stir until combined, and then add cinnamon, nutmeg, and pecans. Stir again and let stand 5 minutes.
- Mist a 12-inch nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Scooping from the bottom, pour 1 heaping tablespoon of batter into pan; use the back of the spoon to spread into a 4-inch circle. Repeat 3 times; cook until small bubbles form at edges of pancakes and bottoms are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip; cook until browned on reverse side, about 2 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Keep cooked pancakes warm in a 200°F oven while continuing to cook more batches, and serve them as soon as possible.
- Serve with sugar-free pancake syrup or another low-carb topping.
From “The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook” by Colette Heimowitz. Copyright (c) 2011 by Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. Printed by permission of Touchstone Books, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, Inc.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 250
- Polyunsaturated Fat 19 g
- Carbohydrate 8 g
- Fiber 3 g
- Protein 13 g