Spicy Thai Soup
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 4cups vegetable broth
- 2teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1-- jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 1cup sliced mushrooms
- 1cup bite-size broccoli florets
- 1cup packed finely chopped bok choy
- 1-- green onion, finely chopped, including top
- 1tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix broth, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño pepper in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add mushrooms and simmer 2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and bok choy. Simmer until broccoli is tender but still bright green and crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Stir in green onion and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Healthy Eating for Life to Prevent and Treat Diabetes by Patricia Bertron, R.D.; recipe by Jennifer Raymond, M.S., R.D.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 59
- Fat 0.8g
- Saturated Fat 0.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 152mg
- Carbohydrate 10.8g
- Fiber 2.8g
- Sugars 1.3g
- Protein 3.2g