Spinach and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1-- (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1-- (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-- (1.25 ounce) package low sodium taco seasoning mix
- 1cup water
- 1cup nonfat sour cream, divided
- 1-- (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 8-- (6 to 8-inch) tortillas
- 1cup shredded reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- 2tablespoons sliced green onions
- Preheat 375F.
- In skillet, heat spinach, black beans, taco seasoning mix and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook 8 to 10 minutes, until mixture is thickened. Remove from heat and stir in 1Ž2 cup sour cream.
- On each tortilla, spread 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce, about 1/3 cup spinach mixture, and 1 heaping tablespoon cheese. Roll up each tortilla placing seam side down in a oblong baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Spread remaining enchilada sauce over filled enchiladas, cover, and bake 15 to 18 minutes. Serve with remaining sour cream and sprinkle with green onions.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg and Gerald Miletello’s Eating Well Through Cancer: Easy Recipes & Recommendations During and After Treatment (2001).