Spinach Salad with Avocados, Oranges, and Candied Walnuts
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2tablespoons orange juice
- 2teaspoons honey
- -- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Candied Walnuts
- 1/4cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 1-- 6-ounce package baby spinach
- 2-- avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2-- oranges, peeled and diced
For the dressing:
- In a pint jar, combine all dressing ingredients and shake to mix thoroughly.
For the candied walnuts:
- In a medium nonstick saucepan over medium hight heat, melt sugar.
- Add walnuts and stir to coat.
- Spread walnuts over waxed paper to cool.
For the salad:
- Toss dressing with spinach, avocado and oranges in large bowl.
- Top with candied walnuts.
Source: Recipe and photo by Sydne George. Sydne George is a food journalist specializing in recipe development, food writing and food photography. She writes a weekly food column called "Special of the Day" in the Great Falls (Montana) Tribune. View her work at http://sydnegeorge.com.