Steamed Clams in Wine Broth
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4pounds cherrystone or little neck clams, scrubbed
- 6tablespoons margarine, melted
- 3/4cup dry white wine
- 3/4cup water
- 1 1/2tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Bring margarine, wine, water, parsley and tabasco to boil in bottom of steamer. Arrange clams on rack and place in steamer. Cover. Steam until clams open, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Discard any that do not open. Divide clams into 3 or 4 serving bowls. Ladle broth over them.