Sticky Brown Rice Cakes with Feta and Peas
- Yield: 4 servings
Serve alone or with marinara sauce.
- 2cups raw short-grain brown rice
- 4cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- 1/2cup frozen peas
- 6-- green onions, chopped
- Place rice and water or broth in a large saucepan with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Cool rice slightly and add Parmesan, feta, peas and green onions.
- When rice is fairly cool, scoop into balls using a 4-ounce an ice cream scoop or spoon and flatten gently into thick patties.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with no-stick cooking spray or olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add the rice cakes and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 415
- Fat 7g
- Saturated Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 292mg
- Carbohydrate 75g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugars 2g
- Protein 15g