Strawberry Almond Butter Blondies
These blondies are grain and dairy-free, and are low in added natural sweetener. They can be make with or without chocolate chips!
- 1cup roasted almond butter
- 3/4teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/3cup natural sweetener of choice
- 1cup chocolate chips
- 1 to 2cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325. In a large bowl combine almond butter, baking soda, vanilla, eggs and sweetener. I found that using an electric mixer really helped incorporate the thick nut butter.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter into a greased 8×8 pan. It will be very sticky and thick! I actually greased my hands and then used them to press the batter down and smooth it out.
- Sprinkle strawberries all over surface of the batter, and push to submerge a bit. Bake for 325 for 30-40 minutes or until set in the middle.
- These are best kept in the fridge or freezer, as the almond butter base can get a little soft if left out at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Susan Napolitano, a single mother to two budding foodies and a certified holistic health coach. She created Real Kids Eat Spinach to educate and inspire families to make educated (and delicious!) food choices. All of her recipes are made without white flour or white sugar, and most can be made gluten and dairy-free.