Strawberry Shortcake Muffins
This recipe turns a popular cake into a healthy breakfast treat-- a hit for strawberry lovers!
- 2 1/2 cups oats (old-fashioned)
- 1cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2cup baking stevia or 1 cup sweetener of choice that measures like sugar
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2cups strawberries, diced and patted dry (+ optional 1/2 cup strawberries, diced to place on top of muffins)
- 1teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
Place all of the ingredients (except the strawberries) in a blender or food processor, and blend until oats are smooth.
Pour mixture into a medium sized bowl, and stir in strawberries
Divide remaining 1/2 cup diced strawberries over the top of each muffin. (This step is optional, but it really makes the strawberries burst with color and flavor on top of each muffin!)
Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Katie, a registered nurse and the wife to her high school sweetheart. Katie has combined her two passions in life: teaching women to find their identity in Christ, and ending misconceptions about healthy eating to create her ministry and nutrition based business, Dashing Dish! Katie feels her purpose in life is to inspire women to get fit and healthy for life, all while enjoying the journey.