String Bean & Arugula Salad
- Yield: 3 to 4 servings
- 3/4pound green and/or yellow string beans, trimmed
- 3tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2cups baby or regular arugula, trimmed and chopped
- 1teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- -- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, toss the string beans with the olive oil and garlic. Let the beans rest for 10 minutes or so, then place the beans on a large square of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Fold the foil over the beans and fold down the ends of the foil twice.
- Place the foil packet on the grill, seam side up, and grill for 25 to 30 minutes. Let the beans cool for a few minutes, then combine them in a roomy bowl with the arugula, lemon zest, and salt and pepper to taste, tossing until the arugula is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
Recipes reprinted with permission from Grilling Vegan Style: 125 Fired-Up recipes to Turn Every Bite into a Backyard BBQby John Schlimm, Da Capo Press, 2012