Stuffed Beef Burger
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2pounds 93/7 lean ground beef
- 1/4cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4cup diced red onions
- 1tablespoon capers
- 1tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4cup finely diced yellow tomatoes
- 1/4cup egg whites
- 1tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1cup reduced-fat Mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Combine all ingredients except for the cheese in a medium mixing bowl and gently toss with your hands.
3. On a kitchen scale, weigh out 6oz for each burger and form patties. Make a small indentation in the center of each patty and place 1 Tbsp of Mozzarella cheese into it. Bury the cheese and reshape patty.
4. Mark each patty on the grill and finish in a 350°F oven until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 155°F.
Recipe published with permission from Sturcture House Weight Management (c) Firehouse 2007
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 270
- Fat 12g
- Saturated Fat 4.5g
- Sodium 351mg
- Carbohydrate 3g
- Protein 34g