Sugar Detox Cookies
- Yield: 8-10 pieces
- Cook: 12 min
- 1/2cup almond butter (no sugar added)
- 2teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1teaspoon cinnamon
- 1tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4cup chopped pecans
- 1cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Set out a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat
- Melt coconut oil if needed
- In a mixing bowl stir together almond butter, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. This isn’t easy so be prepared to stir for a bit to get it all blended together.
- Slowly stir in the cinnamon and the coconut flour until blended and then add in the shredded coconut and pecans.
- Scoop out onto baking sheet in small clumps – should make 8-10 depending upon desired size.
- Flatten clumps with a fork to about ¼” thick (you may need some extra coconut flour to use on the fork so it doesn’t stick to the cookies)
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Be careful not to over-bake or else the cookies will dry out.
Kim from the blog They Smell is a 40-something mother of two who is passionate about living a healthy lifestyle. She is an advocate for real food and strives to educate others about the effects of chemicals in our food and household products. Kim also enjoys staying active with her family and isn’t afraid to get a little sweaty. She navigates life one odor at a time!