Sugar Snap-Snow Pea Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 10 minutes
- Cook: 7 minutes
- 1 1/2cups trimmed fresh sugar snap peas (about 5 oz.)
- 1 1/2cups trimmed fresh snow peas (about 6 oz.)
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1tablespoon pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 1tablespoon white vinegar
- 1tablespoon canola oil
- 1teaspoon sugar
- 2teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1tablespoon black or regular sesame seeds
- 1cup frozen baby English peas, thawed
- Arrange sugar snap peas and snow peas in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge peas into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Whisk together soy sauce and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat sesame seeds in a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring often, 4 to 5 minutes or until toasted and fragrant. Add hot sesame seeds to soy sauce mixture, stirring until blended. Add sugar snap peas, snow peas, and thawed English peas, tossing gently to coat. Serve immediately.
How To: Steam Sugar Snap and Snow Peas
- Arrange peas in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Plunge peas into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
Reprinted with permission from Southern Living Home Cooking Basics: A Complete Illustrated Guide to Southern Cooking by Editors of Southern Living Magazine. Purchase here.