Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad
- Pasta Ingredients:
- 12ounces bow tie pasta
- 2 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium summer squash, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium broccoli crown, chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced thinly
- 2/3 (15 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, sliced thinly
- 1/2 bunch parsley, destemmed and chopped finely
- 1/4cup vegetable oil
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 1/3cup red wine vinegar
- 1tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4teaspoon salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and boil for 5-7 minutes, until tender. Drain in colander.
- Wash all vegetables. Cut squash, zucchini, broccoli and tomato into bite sized pieces. Slice onions and red pepper thinly. Remove parsley from stems and chop finely.
- To prepare vinaigrette, whisk together vegetable oil, olive oil, red wine vinegar, dijon mustard, oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Combine cooked pasta, chopped vegetables and vinaigrette in a large bowl. Stir until everything is well mixed and evenly coated with vinaigrette. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.
This recipe originally appeared as Summer Vegetable Pasta Salad on budgetbytes.com.