- Yield: 1 servings
Feel free to cook eggs to your liking, or swap them with another favorite protein.
- 2 eggs, prepared to your liking
- kale, collards, spinach or broccoli
- mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini or other fresh seasonal vegetables
- 1cup starchy vegetable (yams, sweet potato, squash)
- 1/2cup fermented veggies (sauerkraut, kimchi)
- Gather all ingredients, a cutting board, and a knife. Wash anything that needs to be washed.
- Fill a medium to large sized saucepan with 2 inches of water, fit the pot with a steamer basket, and set over high heat on the stove with a lid. If you are poaching or boiling your eggs you’ll want to fill an additional pot of water and set it on the stove to boil.
- While your water begins to boil, chop about a half cup’s worth of your starchy veggie into a small dice (the smaller the chop the quicker it will cook!). Once your water is boiling (steam is coming out of the pot) add your starchy veggies to the steamer basket. If you are boiling your eggs gently add them to the water and set your timer for 7 minutes for a soft, runny yolk or 8-9 minutes for a soft to firmer less runny yolk.
Images reproduced by permission of Kyle Books from Go with Your Gut: The Insider’s Guide to Banishing the Bloat with 75 Digestion-Friendly Recipes by Robyn Youkilis. ©2016 by Ellen Silverman. All rights reserved.