Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
- Yield: 5 servings
Make ahead and refrigerate. Add more milk when reheating if needed.
- 1/2cup chopped onion
- 4cups peeled chopped sweet potatoes (Louisiana yams)
- 2cups peeled chopped baking apples
- 2cups fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2teaspoon ground curry
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1cup fat-free milk
- 1/3cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- In nonstick saucepot coated with nonstick cooking spray, sauté onions over medium heat until tender. Add sweet potatoes, apples, broth, ginger, curry and honey.
- Bring mixture to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, 25 minutes. Transfer to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Return soup to pot and stir in milk until blended. Sprinkle with toasted walnuts to serve. Makes 5 cups.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 211
- Fat 5g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 1mg
- Sodium 105mg
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Fiber 5g