Sweet Potato and Chickpea Salad
- Yield: 3 servings
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cook: 25 minutes
- 1can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, and diced
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 2-4cloves garlic minced
- Large handful parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1teaspoon ground coriander
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or chili powder)
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-3tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat pan over medium heat and add oil. Cook diced sweet potatoes until lightly browned on all sides and cooked through. Add salt and pepper to taste and half the cumin powder (1 teaspoon).
- In a large bowl combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, and parsley.
- Add the sweet potato with the lemon juice and zest, coriander, remaining cumin powder, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper and sesame seeds to the bowl.
- Toss to combine. Add additional olive oil (up to one tablespoon – optional).
Recipe courtesy of Vicky Berman from Avocado Pesto. Vicky is a food blogger that caters to gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and vegetarian diets.