Sweet Potato Casserole with Praline Topping
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Praline Topping:
- 2/3cup light brown sugar
- 1cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6tablespoons (3/4 stick) light stick margarine, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweet Potatoes:
- 4-- sweet potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/3cup light brown sugar
- 1large egg white
- 1 1/2teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2cup orange juice
- -- Praline Topping (recipe follows)
- To prepare the topping: In a bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Stir in margarine and vanilla until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- To prepare the sweet potatoes: Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil and cook sweet potatoes 30, minutes, until very tender. Drain well and mash.
- In a mixing bowl, combine potatoes, brown sugar, egg white, vanilla and orange juice, blending well.
- Place in a 2-quart casserole coated with nonstick cooking spray and cover with the Praline Topping. Bake 45 minutes.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 169
- Fat 3.1g
- Saturated Fat .5g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 87mg