Sweet Potato Mash
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4pounds sweet potatoes or yams, peeled and cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4stick butter
- 1tablespoon brown sugar
- 1tablespoon honey
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 to 1/2cup light cream cheese, as needed to achieve desired consistency
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- These potatoes can be steamed to preserve more of the flavor and vitamins (or boiled if you wish), until tender. (To steam them, you can place them in a single layer on a rack placed over a large shallow pan of water with a large pot lid to cover. Replenish water in pan if it boils off before they are tender.)
- Place the tender potatoes in a large bowl and mash by hand with a masher or fork. Then, using a beater, whip in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup, and enough cream cheese to achieve your desired consistency. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
Copyright 2011. R. Mission Inc.