Sweet Potato Wedges Wrapped in Prosciutto
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2-- Louisiana yams (sweet potatoes), (about 2 pounds)
- 4ounces prosciutto, trimmed and sliced in half lengthwise
- -- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven 425F. Coat oblong baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into wedges (four per potato). In large nonstick skillet, add water to cover sweet potatoes. Bring to boil, cook 8-10 minutes or only until potatoes are firm but cooked. Do not overcook as will fall apart. Drain.
- Lay basil leaf on potato wedge and wrap with prosciutto. Repeat with all sweet potato wedges. Lay in prepared baking dish. Drizzle with maple syrup, bake 10 minutes or until prosciutto starts to crisp.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Holly Clegg’s Too Hot in the Kitchen: Secrets to Sizzle at Any Age (2010).
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 152
- Fat 2g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 12mg
- Sodium 313mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 5g